Trencher, Groundhog 18" Depth
- Used for digging trenches in soil or lawn surfaces.
- Always wear approved hearing, eye, hand & foot protection.
- Ensure that there are no other people or pets in the work area.
- Dress appropriately no shorts, short sleeves or loose fitting clothing.
- Allow the engine to cool before refueling.
- Dial before you dig. Make sure that you know where any underground utility lines are placed.
- When trenching in areas filled with rocks or other obstructions, operate the trencher at less than full throttle to assure quicker clutch release to prevent damage to the machine and possible injury to the user or bystanders.
- This tool is intended to dig in soils only. It is not intended to be used for cutting through rock, concrete, asphalt, wood, metal or any other aterial that is not of a soil type.
- 5 hp gas engine.
- Able to dig a 3 1/2" wide trench. Trench depth is adjustable up to 18".
- Chain driven carbide teeth cutters.
- Lightweight & portable for smaller trenching applications.
- Wheel locking device preventing machine kickback during startup.
Operating Instructions :
- Push the choke switch to the cold start position.
- Turn the stop switch on.
- Set the throttle to low.
- Pull the recoil rope until you hear the engine roll over.
- Put the choke in the off position.
- Pull the recoil rope until the machine starts.
- Move machine to starting point, lower the boom to the desired depth while tipping the trencher onto the rear tires.
- Using a "can opener" or "rocking" motion, push down on the handlebars 2 to 4 inches.
- At the same time, pull the trencher toward you 4 to 6 inches.
- Slowly allow the handlebars to raise until they stop.
- Repeat this motion throughout the trenching operation.
Trouble Shooting :